Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Bye-bye America...

Oh I'm so gonna miss America...
(Vivaldi's famous WINTER in FOUR SEASON plays...)

Don't get me wrong, I haven't been to the states lately, it is just that, I will not be going to the states (which I originally had plan to go by the end of June this year) in the near future, well, actually the distance future...

25th of June is an ocassion to remember, it is my beloved elder sister's wedding, in a small town call Macomb, roughly 47 minutes away (by Air) from Chicago. My mom said that she will be willing to cover my airplane ticket from New Zealand to the states and back, is not that she refuse to pay now, its that I refuse to accept it...

Why did I throw away one of my few chances in a lifetime to go to the states?

The answer is 'the root of all evil'

Lets count:
- trip to Aucland's US embassy for an one hour interview (which is a must, can't do it in Wellington) - cost NZD 150 by train which will take me 12 hours to reach there! (But it would be fun, to look around NZ... haha...)

- US VISA - cost NZD 160 (can live with this...)

- Flight Taxes - cost about NZD 250 (Shit!)

- Airplane ticket - Flying with Qantas (return ticket) - cost roughly NZD 3000 (What the F***!)

That consequently adds up to an irritating amount of NZD 3560, if converted back to Malaysian Ringgit (exchange rate - RM 2.7 for NZD 1), RM 9612 (which irritates even more...). Both me and my mom agree that a one-week-trip to the states does not worth RM 10000, but it is I who made the decision to not go... a painful, but relieving decision...

Guess I'll have to wait for my time to come, for now, Bye-bye America...

1 comment:

Anna said...

Hey Isaac,
I'm sorry for you, not getting to go to US to your sis, but then again, now there is the possibility of Samoa!!!
wouldn't it be just awesome!?!?!

see ya around
Dinky