Friday, July 22, 2005

Daniel


I was with him until his last breath.
It was a sunday morning, I had a stomach ache the night before and did not have much sleep. The clock was showing 07.00 when I couldn't stand the pain and decided to leave the bed for a cup of warm water. Just as I was standing up, I heard the door bell ringing, it sounded desparate. the first thing that came into my mind was, "who could it be? couldn't be my family as they were all on the flight coming back to Malaysia, couldn't be my friends, they dont come knocking on my door that early in the morning...". Curious, I went down the stairs, half bending to ease the pain in my stomach and look through the window just beside the wooden door. What I saw, will forever be imprinted in my head.
That scene reminded me of the death of my first dog, Blacky. It was roughly 10 years ago when Blacky left us, and now, Daniel, lying on the exact same spot as Blackly once did. Deja vu.
Turns out that the one pressing my door bell was my neighbour's maid, trying to wake me up when she saw my dog. I didn't went out to him once I saw him lying there. I was too afraid, not because of death, but because I couldn't bare to see Daniel who was with us for more than 11 years, like that. He was suffering... ... so did I.
His breath was slow and heavy when I finally walk up to him, and I regret now that I did not do that earlier. I stroked him under his neck, Daniel's favorite spot, and called his name repeatedly. I hesitated on bringing Daniel to the vet, but eventually decided to give it a shot.
He died under my arms at 12.17pm, 3th of july.
**********In memory of Daniel, my beloved dog********** Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i feel sorry.
hope u'll feel better soon...
i mean, hope u r ok now...

Anonymous said...

oh my god, Daniel died... i cant believe this happened! Sorry and hope u will get rid of it soon! I trully understand how you feel now and Daniel had been part of your family members for the past 11 yrs, *he* really appreciated and feel glad... Losing one of your precious is unbearable ......... :(

sunflowr said...

i'm sorry. i heard from yang the next day about daniel and....i'm really sorry. he's in a better place i'm sure. somewhere where there will be fields to run, friends to make and lots of love. we'll miss his barking at night, we'll miss his excitement and anticipation of seeing us, and .. ... we'll miss calling him "daniel, daniel".

Anonymous said...

God Bless him bro...

lets get mato said...

i hope you feel better now :) i know how it feels to lose a dog, and frankly, i think it was the saddest when you were actually NOT there for her.. when you're half way around the world, there was no way to see her that instant you find out she's sick.. it was hard. it was a year ago when i learned Twotone died, it was also JULY 4TH (strange, i know).. she's in the Philippines and I'm in America. July 4th was a big thing here (duh!), so me and my bf and family went on a camping trip, up the mountains close to the Neverland Ranch (haha), so we basically didn't have reception.. on the day we went home, i was checking my voicemail when my aunt from the philippines told me to call her ASAP.. i couldn't believe it at first. i wished so bad it was not real.. but then once she said it, i just balled like a 5 year old.. i couldn't stop crying for the longest time... maybe 2 hours? so glad my boyfriend was there.. anyways, i hope you feel better now.. but if not, here's a tip: when my dog died, my bf sent me puppy pictures from the net and it really cheered me up. why don't you go on google and look up some cuuuuuuute!!! puppy pictures? :)
just a suggestion.. and mostly coz i'm high.. hehe good luck! :)

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear that... i'm sure Daniel doesn't wish to see u in the sad face... for too long. smile & be happy for him n urself...

look upon the sky~ see~ he's watching on u... smile~ :)

Anonymous said...

he is a good dog
dun worry