Monday, March 06, 2006

Ochestra Baobab



it was roughly a year ago when the oppotunity of listening to Ochestra Baobab live slide pass me with only an inch of space. I was so close. I had to come to NZ five days before the concert was being held in Malaysia. that wasnt the worst thing, the worst was, five days later, my brother texted me from Malaysia, saying he was there, at the freaking concert. "Dang!" was the first thing which pop into my mind (actually, something more aggressive..haha..).

a year later, now, after Ochestra Baobab's world tour concert, Wellington is holding a festival -New Zealand Art Festival 2006. I stood numb infront of the billboard on a gloomy afternoon. people around me were walking at the top of their pace to avoid the heavy gloom from falling on to them. streaks of silver rain started to shoot down from heaven. I remained still. there it was...

OCHESTRA BAOBAB, 2006, 8th of March, One day only. NZ Art festival 2006.

I made up my mind before I even finish reading the sentence. "I'm so going to this concert". As confident as a NBA three point shooter, I went to the box office, all ready to pull out my debit card, swipe it on the machine with full strength, and then accept my ticket from the women behind the counter with bright on my face. I would eventually make it to the concert the following Wednesday night, and I would enjoy it a lot. Sadly, this story doesnt end this way.

My day dream was being shattered by something heavier than the rain. almost as heavy as the weight of my weekly rent. it was something I couldnt possibly afford. as if some one snatched a loolly away from a three years old, I felt like I lost the grip on something.

the same night, I walked in the quiet city street after work, as empty as my head was. got back, bath, sat in front of my computer. found something tucked under my laptop. an envelope with NZ Art Festival 2006 trademark on it. In it was a ticket to Ochestra Baobab.

thanks Roy. I owe you everything I can give now.

"and so... I would eventually make it to the concert the following wednesday night, and I would enjoy it a lot..."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i can't read what the ticket is to ... ?
anys - kings of convenience are coming to singapore in a couple of weeks. but, because gig publicity sux here, i never heard of it, till sold out ... gutted.

Anonymous said...

Ar~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
sooooooo sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!