Sunday, March 19, 2006

Drowning in Jazz

(Ak, just as I said that I would post it...)

after four sundays straight being called to work.. I was finally free from my misery. being let off, I went to jazz at Lido. Ladies and Gentleman.. Isaac... is back.

reached a conclusion today. us human beings, find joy in suffering. a few quick examples: we choose to climb a mountain with (freakin) heavy equipments strapped to our body, while we can (conveniently) ride (comfortably) on a helicopter. we choose to shout (at the top of our voice) while chatting, in a jazz pub with (real loud) live jazz band (especially the trumpet.. which I like by the way...=P to AK), while we can actually choose a nice quiet spot to talk (about things that have no significant effect to anything or to anyone in anytime of our lifes).

thats what we did today, (I'm sure you wont find me weird saying this) and we enjoyed it.

I drown myself in Jazz today. voluntarily. (its different from when you're young and when you first started to learn how to swim 20 metres away from the shore and your breathing got messed up and you drown). its pleasurable. trying to catch my breath while humming along with the beat, as if trying to suck in oxygen whenever I succesfully emerge my nose out of the water, fingers tapping on the table or glass, trying to follow the tempo, as if hands struggling to get a grip on something that floats. not like drowing in water, I certainly do not hope to be safe from this joyful tragedy.

nothing compliments jazz better than a good flatwhite (though the best is at Masi cafe!)

after goodbyes, I was walking home (which is like 2 minutes away, which is awesome too), the music was still tangling around me. my mouth, my ear, my mind, my heart. its like you just came out from a smoking room, the smoke penetrates into your clothings and follows you until you change. the jazz was following me alright.

looking forward to next sunday already. =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I do not hope to be safe from this joyful tragedy."
man... joyful tragedy...
haha... how scary would tat be, A tragedy, a joyful one...

sunflowr said...

Wh00t! Moi sunday was a blast too! Jazz it up baby.