Monday, May 09, 2005

Untitled



*Yukie Nishimura, a japanese pianist plays on the mini hi-fi. tempo - adante in 3/4*
Feeling sorrow for the day is gloomy, and as the sad piano plays, I am reading my friends blog. I saw this picture while digging into the world of her inner-self, the first thing I thought was, 'wow, this picture matches the day... and its beauuutiful'.
*a pause in the music, and it resumes...*
Been discussing with some friends (containing both christian and non-christian) about christianity, and the discussion kinda ended up as a debate. I thought of a lot of things during the discussion, but I couldn't seem to find my own stand, put those thoughts into suitable words, and spell it out of my mouth. I was quiet, while the other me in my head was making noises, struggling to scream out while I constraint him.
*a cresendo from piano to forte, the music turned aggressive, and abruptly, a rest. the notes hung on the air for a split second, fade away, and was taken over by a more relaxing melody, back to pianissimo.*
Do not be puzzled. I am clear that I am still not a christian, but people around me are. These people gaves me a sense of direction, a direction of what I want to be (note: not religiously), and what I am going to be, a vision which no other except myself can see, no others can feel.
The famous quote, 'to be or not to be, that is the question', which I don't have the answer to.
*the music ends, waited for 2 long seconds before the third song plays. tempo - adante in 2/2, Yukie continues...*

2 comments:

chingwen said...

don't know what to say....
i've done what i had to do .. i'm affraid that i'll mislead ppl or anything ... hope that all those things ("debate") didn't waste ur time ... please tell me if u feel like wasting ur time ok?

Unknown said...

ching wen, 'waste of my time' didnt even pass through my head once, dont worry, you are doing a great job in letting me into the world of christianity, and you re not responsible for all my struggles. Its me, I needed sometime to understand. and, i'd really like to say, i mean it when i say i am really happy around you guys!

daphne, i belief that there is an awesome being, its just that i am not very very sure, thats why i dont dare to call myself a christian. a confusing heart, an unsettling heart, thats me.