Wednesday, January 17, 2007

St. Patrick's Day

"Here comes the cold, Break out the winter clothes..."

Listening to this song brought me back the time I was in paekakariki. WE, were in paekakariki. it was my bday and I decided to take me-friends to a nice bach 20 minutes up north of Wellington. The light guitar strum. weird chords. beautiful lyrics. its all plotting out the scene of us sitting in the lounge of the light-green bach, feeling the breeze at the top of our heads, the sunset on the far east, chatting away how we failed to put the kite up. the shallow water on the flat beach was mirroring the golden sky.

"No way November will see our goodbye, When it comes to December it's obvious why, No one wants to be alone at Christmas time..."

**pause**

I remember it well, it was April. it was almost the end of autumn. it was 2005. three more months and its one year ago.

it also brought me back to the time when I was walking on the streets of Wellington. When Im walking alone, with my head phones on. I always had my headphones on. listening to this song. it reminded me of The CD Store on Lambton Quay, reminded me of the strong wind at the junction light beside Willies foodcourt, the coffee in Masi on Willies street, where I share my thoughts with AK and spend quality time with myself and my book. also reminded me of the people, all well shielded with their wind breakers, asians, maoris, whites, blacks...

"February, won't you be my valentine? And we'll both be safe 'til St. Patrrick's Day ..."

I remember it well. the streets of wellington. the cafes I once parasite in. the strong wind. I once was there.

No comments: