Thursday, January 04, 2007

the lil' things

Out of total boredom, not because of having nothing to to, but having done the same thing over and over again for countless hours, I went to this mall around my place for a walk. As I arrived, I went down to the super market for a spin. Hanged a basket on my arm, without any intention of buying anything - I decided to blend in anyway. Happy to have spotted a very familiar label - Bundaburg Ginger Beer (my favourite drink in NZ), with much joy, I grabbed a 4 pack and put it in my basket (bought something after all!). There was a long queue at the counter after I finish 'shoppin', as I patiently waited, I observed the very funny cashier. He was blindly handling shoppers groceries, with his specs slided all the way down to the edge of his pointy nose, so by saying blindly, I meant it literally.

He seemed relieve when he saw only one thing in my basket, a 4-pack Bundaburg. He swiftly pull the paper handle of the drinks and scanned the bar code. beep. $1.50 showed on the screen. wait the minute, this is not right, $1.50 for a 4-pack? I thought. though nerdy, but he seemed preeeety confident when he said to me "a dollar fifty please." I paid non the less, with a suspicious face.

the bar code scanner found the bar code of one bottle instead of the bar code on the paper package. sweet. I enjoyed 4 bottles of nice Australian Bundaburg Ginger Beer for the price of one!


that. ahem. made my day.

No comments: