Monday, April 20, 2009

The Birthday Getaway

It was one year ago, exactly one year ago since I last traveled, to Bangkok. 

I went back again, on the second week of April this year, to the place where the people love their king and nation so much they'd come to a complete halt and stand still as the national anthem played on the loud speaker, in a crowded weekend market, without supervision. It was an amazing scene, where all bargaining, chattering, eating, water fights would cease, like hitting a pause button on a recorded video, and as the anthem finishes, everything came back to live. 
 
Going back this time didn't bring back memories from my previous trip. I didn't go alone this time, though with the same backpack, I had together with me, 2 colleagues, with their humongous appetite to shop and eat, mainly shop. Thus, gave me a completely different perspective of the city. Suddenly Bangkok wasn't this alien place with thick cultural background, its this city with loads of malls packed in it, and we were gonna roam it all. 

Of course that didn't happen. It almost always does not go my way.

If you've been reading the news, 13th April of 09, the newscaster on Al Jazeera read the latest on the riot happening in Bangkok, quote "The most dangerous city in the world now", while we were getting ready to leave our hotel for a huge water fight party at one of the biggest club in town, in which 13th of April happens to be my birthday. Me being me, we went out anyway, and happy to report that we had an amazing time at the club, so amazing we went back again the next night, to the club as huge beside it, cept this time, we had a VIP seating (dance space), coz 1 of my friend in Bangkok actually owns the place. Pretty sweet.

A riot lead by Thaksin supportors broke out on the Sunday before, while we were happily shopping in Chatuchak, trying to bargain for a pair of pants which already cost next to nothing. it went so bad the PM annouced state of emergency in Bangkok. What a time to be there huh?

To sum it all up, riot sucks, but Bangkok rocks!

3 comments:

hello said...

Yo
where are you now?

Anonymous said...

今晚我又失眠.

.

.

想念, 每当失眠都让我想起他.

有的时候感觉自己好像个白痴.

想起被别人遗忘的自己感觉很悲哀.

为何就不能理智地去正视这个问题?

.

失去你的聆听令我反省不少.

我还值得被原谅吗?

.

可笑的自己其实反问了很多偏.

答安还是: "不".

.

8月 12 日 text 你, 其实满带泪水.

因为好几个月的眼泪终于挤压不住.

那天凌晨的我竟然在急症室 Dr.Ng.HC 面前哭泣地提及起这位聆听者.

这几年多谢他为我分担故事; 一生不曾后悔认识的知己.

如今我终于明白这个道理, 失去了才懂得珍惜就叫 "遗憾".

"losing a listerner is ever worse than a lover..."

.

这一刻的我真的想念这位了不起的朋友, Isaac Ng Gee Xiang.

.

Anonymous said...

Yes undoubtedly, in some moments I can say that I approve of with you, but you may be considering other options.
to the article there is still a suspect as you did in the decrease efflux of this solicitation www.google.com/ie?as_q=audio editor gold 7.4.1.10 ?
I noticed the phrase you procure not used. Or you use the dreary methods of promotion of the resource. I possess a week and do necheg